What is The Big Difference Fund?
The Big Difference Fund is the result of a ground breaking partnership between Coventry Citizens Advice Bureau and Severn Trent Water to deliver a grants scheme that will make a Big Difference.
People who want to make an application for a grant will also get support from a debt caseworker who will also give support with managing money and will make referrals to any additional support a person might need, such as mental health services, help with drug or alcohol issues, counselling, social services and other legal advice.
How do I make an application for a grant?
Applications for grants can be made through a CAB adviser, who will have access to the grant application form and the guidelines on how to fill it in.
We are piloting the Big Difference Fund in Coventry and Leicester, if you do not live in these arrears you should still contact your local CAB or advice agency if you are struggling with water or any other debts.
What are the criteria for grant applications?
Our fund is open to applications from people who have water arrears over £400.
Applicants need to fulfil one of the following criteria:
- In receipt of Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) or Incapacity Benefit
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) high or middle rate care and/or any mobility component
- Priority banding for housing (Coventry Banding 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c. Leicester Banding 1 or 2)
- In the process of waiting for, or appealing against a means-tested or disability-related benefits decision
- In employment or not, with a disposable income lower than £100 per month
What do I do if I'm not eligible for a Big Difference Fund grant?
You should still contact your local CAB, as you may qualify for a grant from another provider and it is important that you receive the right information and advice.
Who do I contact if I have any more questions?
Please call us on 02476 252 041 or email our team BDF@coventrycab.org.uk.
Our Fund Manager is Daksha Piparia, our Grants & Policy Officers are Ed Hodson and Sophie Parkes and our Administrator is Hannah Lambert.
Severn Trent Water website: www.stwater.co.uk
Debt team at STW - 0845 604 3772
We are also on Facebook.